At Capsugel, we have created a vibrant, entrepreneurial and inclusive culture that encourages teamwork, innovation and performing with integrity. We maintain this culture by treating people with respect and dignity, by valuing and recognizing each colleague’s individual contributions, and by providing equal employment opportunities – regardless of personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
We believe that it takes all of us working toward common goals – and guided by shared values – to create enhanced value for our company, customers and other stakeholders. We understand and appreciate that every job and every colleague is important to our success and that effective collaboration is integral to creating and maintaining a high-performing global team. That’s why we strive to provide a working environment in which diverse opinions, conflicting views and open dialogue are all welcomed; where harassment and bullying are never tolerated; and where all colleagues are held accountable for driving results and performing with integrity.
We are committed to open and honest communication among colleagues that is consistent with our values and Capsugel’s Leadership Behaviors. All colleagues with management responsibilities have an “Open Door Policy” that permits any colleague to present ideas, ask questions and raise concerns – especially those of a legal or ethical nature and those relating to quality of work – directly to any level of leadership within the company without fear of retaliation. This Open Door Policy is applicable to all colleagues in all locations.
At Capsugel, we attract, develop, and engage top talent by offering compelling professional career opportunities in an environment of respect, inclusion, teamwork and excellence. We are a growth-based culture, designing career paths around experiences rather than rigid boxes on an organizational chart. As part of a dynamic organization, Capsugel colleagues are challenged not only by their current responsibilities, but also by the opportunity to grow their skills and expertise as global leaders.
We are committed to the development of all colleagues, leveraging an integrated portfolio of formal and informal programs, tools, and processes to enhance leadership capability at all levels. Our Capsugel Leadership Behaviors provide a common language and framework for leadership, articulating the expectations for how we work together and how we treat one another. As new colleagues join the organization, they are welcomed into a culture that provides limitless opportunity to do what they do best. All of our people development initiatives – from our performance management process, to our internships, to our management development programs, to our coaching and feedback tools – are designed to maximize the contributions and potential of our colleagues.
Health & Safety: Ensuring the health and safety of our colleagues is a shared responsibility that starts with our CEO and Executive Leadership Team and extends through every site and every colleague. Furthermore, maintaining a high standard of health and safety is a fundamental element across our business – from R&D to delivery of product. To demonstrate our commitment to health and safety, we:
- Regularly monitor health and safety regulations, industry standards and other best practices; work diligently to meet our regulatory obligations; and audit ourselves to assure we maintain compliance.
- Work proactively to identify and effectively manage risks with the goal of preventing occupational injuries and illnesses, property damage, and other health and safety incidents.
- Promptly report, investigate, identify and address the causal factors involved in any incident that does occur, in an effort to minimize impacts and improve our system.
- Partner with International SOS (iSOS), a world-leading medical and travel security-risk services company, to provide Capsugel colleagues with 24-hour medical and safety assistance, no matter where they live or travel on Capsugel’s behalf.
- Extend our efforts beyond our facilities and into our globally interconnected supply chain by requiring our suppliers and business partners to operate in a safe, healthy and compliant manner. We also complement this fundamental expectation with assessments of health and safety systems and capabilities of critical suppliers through our Responsible Sourcing Program.
- Measure our progress through valuable health and safety performance indicators in order to identify future improvement opportunities.
Together, these efforts help us maintain compliance, reduce risk and drive us toward our ultimate goal of eliminating health and safety incidents altogether.
Wellness: Our regard for colleague wellness is a natural extension of both Capsugel’s vision and our health and safety commitments. Total well-being – both inside and outside of work – is instrumental to the individual success of our colleagues and, therefore, the broader success of our company.
To that end, we provide colleagues and their families with a variety of tools, data and other resources to proactively manage their personal health, community presence, financial security and stress levels. One example is beWELL@Capsugel, a wellness program that we offer to U.S. colleagues.
At Capsugel, we recognize that the success of our business depends on the great work of our more than 3,600 dedicated and talented colleagues around the world. In support of that belief, it is our philosophy to provide a competitive Total Rewards package to attract, motivate and retain world-class talent, and reward the highest level of performance.
As such, the guiding principles for our Total Rewards program are:
- Competitiveness of local external markets
- Internal equity alignment
- Compliance with regulatory standards
- Consistency in application
- Flexibility with controls
- Affordability and ease of administration
The Capsugel Total Rewards program offers local market-competitive benefits packages that include affordable quality healthcare, voluntary insurance options and tax-advantaged long-term savings opportunities. As a global organization, we strive for consistency and alignment while recognizing local customs, regulatory requirements and business conditions, and leveraging global relationships. We review our market positioning continually to ensure that our programs remain compliant and competitive.
Through these programs, we empower our colleagues by recognizing and supporting their contributions toward Capsugel’s long-term business success.