DBcaps Over Encapsulation Capsules
For containment and blinding of comparator products in double-blinding studies, look to DBcaps® capsules.
Specially Designed for Clinical Trials
DBcaps two-piece gelatin or HPMC capsules were developed with a tamper evident design to specifically address the clinical trial challenges of testing without bias.
The wider diameter of opaque DBcaps capsules allows containment and blinding of large-diameter or uniquely-shaped tablets or other comparator products, while their shorter length makes them easier to swallow.
DBcaps Capsule Advantages
We have designed this capsule with key advantages:
- Eight different sizes of DBcaps capsules are always in stock for double blinding a wide variety of comparator product shapes and sizes – no need to split, grind or alter your original dosage form
- Active comparator products can be discreetly enclosed to improve patient compliance and tamper evident design prevent bias
- Avoid concerns regarding alteration of the dosage form since there is no need to split or grind tablets
- A long, established safety record means stability testing is kept to a minimum and bioequivalency testing may be reduced or eliminated
- Choose from five standard globally accepted colors to ease regulatory acceptance or select a custom formulated color to meet your needs
- Outstanding quality – manufactured in accordance with cGMP guidelines with certified quality assurance system for traceability of raw materials
Now in Fiber-Free cGMP Packaging
DBcaps capsules can be ordered in any quantity. DBcaps capsules are shipped in fiber-free, corrugated polypropylene containers*. DBcaps capsules will arrive in a sturdy, recyclable box that is anti-static incorporated.
This leading-edge pharmaceutical practice allows pallet or carton entry into cGMP environments. Polypropylene is insoluble in water, can be wiped with alcohol, and replaces the need for transferring from fiber to fiber-free containers. It reduces labor costs associated with manual handling, simplifies restocking and eliminates relabeling activities. A locking bottom with protective pad ensures secure containment as soon as it arrives.
DBcaps capsules are also available in a convenient Capsule Caddy™ Container *, perfect for clinical trial batches and R&D projects.
* Contact your Capsugel representative for availability in your region.