Health & Safety: Ensuring the health and safety of our colleagues is a shared responsibility that starts with our CEO and Executive Leadership Team and extends through every site and every colleague. Furthermore, maintaining a high standard of health and safety is a fundamental element across our business – from R&D to delivery of product. To demonstrate our commitment to health and safety, we:
- Regularly monitor health and safety regulations, industry standards and other best practices; work diligently to meet our regulatory obligations; and audit ourselves to assure we maintain compliance.
- Work proactively to identify and effectively manage risks with the goal of preventing occupational injuries and illnesses, property damage, and other health and safety incidents.
- Promptly report, investigate, identify and address the causal factors involved in any incident that does occur, in an effort to minimize impacts and improve our system.
- Partner with International SOS (iSOS), a world-leading medical and travel security-risk services company, to provide Capsugel colleagues with 24-hour medical and safety assistance, no matter where they live or travel on Capsugel’s behalf.
- Extend our efforts beyond our facilities and into our globally interconnected supply chain by requiring our suppliers and business partners to operate in a safe, healthy and compliant manner. We also complement this fundamental expectation with assessments of health and safety systems and capabilities of critical suppliers through our Responsible Sourcing Program.
- Measure our progress through valuable health and safety performance indicators in order to identify future improvement opportunities.
Together, these efforts help us maintain compliance, reduce risk and drive us toward our ultimate goal of eliminating health and safety incidents altogether.
Wellness: Our regard for colleague wellness is a natural extension of both Capsugel’s vision and our health and safety commitments. Total well-being — both inside and outside of work — is instrumental to the individual success of our colleagues and, therefore, the broader success of our company.
To that end, we provide colleagues and their families with a variety of tools, data and other resources to proactively manage their personal health, community presence, financial security and stress levels. One example is beWELL@Capsugel, a wellness program that we offer to U.S. colleagues.