Capsugel strongly encourages each of its website users to take the time and become familiar with this Policy as, by using this website, you consent to the collection and use of information as set forth herein.
2. Personal Information "Personal Information" means information that can directly or indirectly lead to the identification of a living person, such as an individual's name, address, e-mail, telephone number, license number, medical identification number, photograph, or other identifying characteristic. The identification can occur by reference to one or more factors specific to the individual's physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Personal Information does not include information that has been anonymized.
3. Collecting Personal Information When a user creates a Capsugel account, completes a request for information form, orders products, or accesses services, the user will be required to provide certain Personal Information (including, without limitation, the user’s full name, email address, account name, account password or other payment information). While Capsugel takes appropriate measures to provide accuracy in the handling of Personal Information, Capsugel relies entirely on its users to maintain correct Personal Information and to update this information as appropriate.
In addition, when a user accesses Capsugel's website, the servers automatically record information provided by the user's browser. Generally, this information is automatically provided by a user whenever a user accesses any website. This information, recorded in a server log, may include a user's particular information (including, without limitation, IP address, browser software, language, date/time of access and other information and/or cookies that will uniquely identify a user's computer and the Internet browser the user is using). In an effort to protect its users from unauthorized account activity, such as fraud or "phishing" as well as in order to improve Lonza’s services and the user’s experience, Capsugel may also collect information about how a user uses the Services through our cookie technology. For more information on how we use your information to improve your online experience, please click here to read our Cookies Policy.
Additionally, whenever you send an email to Capsugel , Capsugel will retain that email so that Capsugel can investigate and respond to your concerns.
4. Processing and Use of Personal Information Personal Information collected through this website is utilized by Capsugel only as set forth in this Policy and in order to fulfill your requests for products and services, to contact you, to conduct research, and to provide Services to users, including, without limitation, delivering enhanced Services and demonstrating functionality of the Services. Capsugel may also use Personal Information submitted to send you information on products and promotions provided that you have subscribed to our news updates on the website.
5. Security and data retention Capsugel takes all reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information. To ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Information that Capsugel collects online, we use data networks protected by industry standard firewall and passwords. In the course of handling your Personal Data, Capsugel takes measures reasonably designed to protect that information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
For the purpose of sending e-mailings to you provided that you have subscribed to Capsugel's news updates on the website, Capsugel may give your name and email address to agencies appointed by Capsugel. These agencies are not authorized to store and/or use your Personal Information for any other purposes than for the sending of e-mailings. Capsugel provides each user with not only access to a user's Personal Information but also the means to update and/or delete this information.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the processing purposes for which they were collected, processed and/or used and any other associated purpose (for example certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for claims in respect of the transaction has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data). So if information is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires. We restrict access to your Personal Information to those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose(s). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your Personal Information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised (and the anonymised information may be retained) or securely destroyed.
6. Personal Information and Children Without a parent's or guardian's consent, no Personal Information should be submitted to our website by children. Capsugel will not knowingly collect or use Personal Information from children.
7. Right to Obtain and Correct Personal Information Our users have the right to obtain information on all of your stored Personal Information, to receive, to review and, if necessary correct or erase, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Export of Personal Data from the EEA or Switzerland Personal information collected in the territory of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland may be accessed in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside the EEA in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. Certain countries outside the EEA have been approved by the European Commission as providing essentially equivalent protections to EEA data protection laws and therefore no additional safeguards are required to export Personal Information to these jurisdictions. In countries which have not had these approvals, (see the full list here http://ec.europa.eu/justice/da...), we will transfer Personal Information only subject to European Commission approved contractual terms that impose equivalent data protection obligations directly on the recipient unless we are permitted under applicable data protection law to make such transfers without such formalities.
Upon receipt of an inquiry or complaint, Lonza Group will contact the user regarding the inquiry or complaint and take appropriate measures to address the user's concerns.
Last update: September 23, 2017